The Apple AirPods are one of the most popular headphones on the market today. The sound quality has improved with each version and the AirPod Pro 1’s and AirPod Pro 2’s are no exception. The audiogram setting should work with any version of AirPods and iOS 15 or later.
Improve Your AirPods Sound Quality with Your Audiogram File
The sound quality of your AirPods with an Audiogram file may or may not sound better depending on your hearing and the results from your hearing test. It is worth a try because it could significantly improve your AirPods sound quality.
- Get the Mimi Hearing Test app for free from the App Store.
- You’ll need to be in an extremely quiet setting to do the hearing test. You’ll need to disable noise cancelling and transparency mode. Go through the steps in the app and go through the hearing test.
- Once you’ve completed the test, go to the app’s Settings and Apple Health and allow it to write Audiogram.
- Now head to your phone’s Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Enable Headphone Accommodations and select Tune Audio For to Audiogram.
- The settings will let you hear the difference with an audio sample.
AirPods Pro Ear Fit Test
Another suggestion for the AirPods Pro is to do the Apple Ear Fit Test.
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth > Select your AirPods Pro form the list of devices
- Select Ear Tip Fit Test > Continue
- Place both AirPods securely into your ears and select Play
- If both AirPods say Good Seal, tap Done
- If one or both AirPods say Adjust, try adjusting or changing the silicone ear tip and running the test again by tapping Play
Enable or Disable Spatial Audio
Spatial Audio is an Apple feature that is supposed to immerse you into the sound of your music, but it can have effects on sound quality. You can try to enable or disable Spatial Audio and find your preference.
- Enable/Disable Head Tracking:
Go to Settings > Accessibility > AirPods > Turn on/off Follow iPhone
- Enable/Disable Spatial Audio:
Go to Settings > Bluetooth > Click the i next to your AirPods > Turn on/off Spatial Audio