Tor is free software and an open network. Tor protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, and it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location. You can read more at TorProject. If you’re running macOS, installing the Tor Browser is fairly easy since they offer an installer.
How To Install Tor Browser in MacOS
- Browse to this TorProject.org download page
- Click on the 64-bit download link under the Apple MacOS column for your language
- Save the .dmg file to your computer
- Open the .dmg file
- Drag the Tor Browser icon over to the Applications folder and enter your password if prompted
- The Tor Browser is now installed on MacOS