If you’re a Safari user you’ve probably used their AutoFill or AutoComplete feature. Depending on where the information is stored or how old it is, some of the information it offers you to autofill is incorrect or out-dated. Luckily, you can find some settings in the preferences.
– Open the Safari app and choose the “Safari” menu and select “Preferences”
– Click the “Autofill” tab
– Choose “Edit” next to the type of web form autofill details you wish to change or update:
– Using info from my Contacts card – this is what will autofill your address, location, name, etc
– User names and passwords – this is what autofills logins to websites
– Credit cards – autofilled payment information
– Other forms – miscellaneous autofill information for other web forms are stored here
– When finished updating autofill information, click “Done” in the respect form update section and close out of Preferences for the change to take effect
This doesn’t edit the autofill information: it just deletes it.
How can I edit my autofill information on OS X?
The main one I did was the contact card and it let me edit it. Which one are you trying to edit?