If you enjoyed having Aero Glass and gaussian blur in previous versions of Windows, then you might miss those theme enhancements if you upgrade to Windows 10. Luckily for you, you can get the Aero Glass theme and Blur Effects back by following these simple steps.
1. Download these files and extract them into a folder on your computer.
2. Next, right-click on the installx64.bat or installx86.bat based on the processor you have. Select Run as Administrator.
3. Now, run the AeroGlassx64.exe or AeroGlassx86.exe. Once you accomplish the steps, all your desktop apps windows will turn colorful.
4. If you get the error ‘The program can’t start because MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer’. You’ll need to download and install the redistributable installer from Microsoft.
5. Run AeroGlassGUI.exe and enable Aero. You can choose your desktop’s background as the Theme Atlas and Glass reflection image.