If you’ve ever run into a problem where all of your purchased ringtones have disappeared from your iPhone, no worries, you can restore them through Apple. You have a couple of options, the one that worked for me was using the iTunes Store website.
Restore your tones from the iTunes Store
– Open Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
– Go to itunes.com/restore-tones.
– Sign in with your Apple ID.
– Tap Restore. You’ll see a message that reads: “This may take a while. You can continue to use this device while we prepare your tones. You will be sent a push notification when they are ready to download.”
– Tap Done.
– When you receive the notification on your device, tap Download, or, if you receive the notification on your lock screen, swipe to download.* All of your tones will download, including any that are explicit.
– Check to make sure that your tones are now on your device:
– Ringtones: Tap Settings > Sounds > Ringtone.
– Alert tones: Tap Settings > Sounds > Text Tone (or any other alert listed).
– If you assigned purchased tones to your contacts, these will also be restored.
Restore your tones using iTunes
– Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer.
– Locate your device.
– Under Settings, click Tones.
– Make sure that the box next to Sync Tones is checked.
– Click Sync to sync your tones back to your device.