This is a recipe I found from an app on my phone. I LOVE these things when I go to Red Lobster, and now I’ve tweaked the recipe a little more and got them almost perfect.
-Preheat oven to 400 F
-In a large mixing bowl, combine (work the dough, but not too much):
– 2 1/2 cups Bisquick Baking Mix
– 3/4 cup Cold Whole (or 2%) Milk
– 4 TBS Cold Butter (1/2 stick)
– 1/4 TSP Garlic Powder (I probably do a little more)
– 1/4 TSP Garlic Salt (This wasn’t in the original recipe, but I add it do the batter mix)
– 1 cup (heaping) Grated Cheddar Cheese
-Drop dough on an ungreased cookie sheet, about 1/4 cup in size (ice cream scoop)
-Melt 2 TBS butter in microwave, then add some parsley flakes and about 1/2 TSP of Garlic Salt to butter
-Brush the melted butter mixture on top of the dough, but save some to repeat after cooking
-I usually add more parsley and garlic salt to the top of the biscuits before I cook them
-Bake for about 16 minutes until the tops are light brown
-Add more of the melted butter mixture on the tops & serve
I can usually get about 15 biscuits from one batch.