• Author
    Keymaster
    #1347 |

Who’s your carrier and why?

I’m still with At&t. Most of my family has them and I get reception in the places that matter most to me.

• Riley
    Participant

I’m with Verizon and have been for about 1.5 years. Main reason I initially went with them is my company was willing to pick up my line since I use it for work a lot so that was my excuse to say goodbye to Sprint. I wanted better coverage and LTE and for the most part I do, however there are many places where it switches back to 3g and verizon 3g is dreadful. Maybe when my contract is up I will try ATT next time so long as they are still paying. lol.

• Robert Russell
    Keymaster

I get LTE pretty much everywhere I go with At&t. I know its all about location though.

At work I’m right on the border of LTE and 4G (At&t’s 3.5G lol).

• Riley
    Participant

@mindfrost82 1097977 wrote:

I get LTE pretty much everywhere I go with At&t. I know its all about location though.

At work I’m right on the border of LTE and 4G (At&t’s 3.5G lol).

yeah me too on Verizon except when it drops to 3g which is really 1.5x these days. Verizon needs to dump 3g or make it better. I guess to be fair my 3g service around my home was never that good even with sprint.

• DarkLord
    Participant

i guess i’m the cheap one of the bunch. i switched to Straight Talk. Unlimited text, talking and 2gb of data for $48 (including tax). i’m on the same ATT towers as anyone else in Florida so my coverage is amazing. the down side, as you can imagine, is no LTE. my typical speeds range from 1300kbps down to 6000+ kbps. it’s a rather odd range of speeds to be sure.

• Riley
    Participant

@DarkLord 1099385 wrote:

i guess i’m the cheap one of the bunch. i switched to Straight Talk. Unlimited text, talking and 2gb of data for $48 (including tax). i’m on the same ATT towers as anyone else in Florida so my coverage is amazing. the down side, as you can imagine, is no LTE. my typical speeds range from 1300kbps down to 6000+ kbps. it’s a rather odd range of speeds to be sure.

Sounds like a great deal DL. Speeds you are getting are more than sufficient imo.

• Tinkerbell

I am with Verizon as well. They have been good to me.

• Shane Owen
    Participant

Been with Sprint since 2001, I stayed with them through the Nextel merge and everything. Life has been a lot better once Dan took over. I like Sprint because Plans are not that bad in pricing and the phone selection has been descent.

• Froxycync
    Participant

@tsowen 1099415 wrote:

Been with Sprint since 2001, I stayed with them through the Nextel merge and everything. Life has been a lot better once Dan took over. I like Sprint because Plans are not that bad in pricing and the phone selection has been descent.

Also with Sprint (since 2002), but I will be looking as the contracts start to expire on my lines later this year. Right now the only thing that would really keep me with Sprint is LTE in my area, otherwise I might do as Darklord has done.

• KIOWA69
    Participant

I’m currently on Sprint, been with them since 2004 when I got back from Germany. I was stationed in TN and the service was pretty bad, then I retired from the Army and now work for the Army as a civilian and took a job in FL and I have to say that the service is worse than what I had in TN.

I’m currently out of contract but going to switch to Verizon fairly soon, wife and son will stay with Sprint until their contracts are up and then they’ll switch.

The pricing is going to be the same on Verizon (unlimited talk, text and only 8GB data) as it is with Sprint.

The area is mainly service by Verizon and then AT&T comes in second, and of course Sprint is third, the Sprint tower is 10-12 miles from me but I use a Airvana from Sprint to get what service I got here at home.

• Karl
    Participant

I switch to Verizon in 2012 from sprint was with sprint for 8 years went to becuz Verizon has better service

• Tinkerbell

I recently purchased a 4G device… I didn’t even realize that 4G was in my area! Wow, the speed is amazing compared to the 3G. Yay Verizon!

• rootlinux

I am with Sprint for unlimited data including LTE.
    LTE is popping up all over my area right now. Goes in and out because the towers are being upgraded.
    About four miles from me speed is hitting 13g down and 8 up.
    To the other side LTE is at around 4g down.
    Watching to see what happens.
    Using Sensorly to map LTE because no one else around here has. 🙂

• Tinkerbell

That is awesome Rootlinux! Unlimited is… well… unlimited!! =]

• NinjaMom

@rootlinux 1110871 wrote:

I am with Sprint for unlimited data including LTE.
    LTE is popping up all over my area right now. Goes in and out because the towers are being upgraded.
    About four miles from me speed is hitting 13g down and 8 up.
    To the other side LTE is at around 4g down.
    Watching to see what happens.
    Using Sensorly to map LTE because no one else around here has. 🙂

Got to agree

• KIOWA69
    Participant

Well I finally switched over to Verizon a few weeks ago, man it’s so nice to finally get some service wherever I go and not the crap that I was dealing with Sprint over. So far the service has been great.

• bernard
    Participant

I have experienced all kind oh mobile carries but no one satisfy me with his quality services expect At&t. At&t is the best mobile carrier provider. I always rely at it.

• Riley
    Participant

@KIOWA69 1152203 wrote:

Well I finally switched over to Verizon a few weeks ago, man it’s so nice to finally get some service wherever I go and not the crap that I was dealing with Sprint over. So far the service has been great.

Congrats bro.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.