• Author
    Keymaster
    #1396 |

Which one do you use?

Are there any that you absolutely avoid?

• Tinkerbell

Security Essentials here. It seems to be doing its job. How about you Frosty?

• Karl
    Participant

Kaspersky and bit defender are the best, i would stay away from norton and mcafee

• NinjaMom

Why no Norton or McAfee?

• Karl
    Participant

their detection rate

• Robert Russell
    Keymaster

I’ve been using Microsoft Security Essentials too tinkerbell and its been pretty good here.

Norton and McAfee have gotten too bloated over the years and tend to slow down older systems.

• Tinkerbell

@mindfrost82 1101364 wrote:

I’ve been using Microsoft Security Essentials too tinkerbell and its been pretty good here.

Norton and McAfee have gotten too bloated over the years and tend to slow down older systems.

That is good to hear!! I am in good company then! =]=] Thanks for the reply!

• KIOWA69
    Participant

I have used Norton for a long time, and since I can get it for free it makes it that much better, it has done me good and always kept me from getting virus’s, but it’s the Corporate version not the 360 or off the shelf versions.

• Robert Russell
    Keymaster

The corporate versions are usually much better. I never really had a problem with McAfee Enterprise when I had it and it allowed you to go in and block a lot of ways that viruses usually install themselves.

• KIOWA69
    Participant

I also have access to a version of McAfee called McAfee Virus Scan Plus, tried it before but seemed more bloated and I remember not liking it for some reason, but it did have more options to change than what the Norton’s does.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.