• Author
    Keymaster
    #1364 |

’nuff said! What’s your take on it all?

• Riley
    Participant

@mindfrost82 1099505 wrote:

’nuff said! What’s your take on it all?

I don’t own a gun nor am do I know all the details but hope whatever is decided is based on facts and is actually a step in the right direction. I think we can all agree that the shootings are getting out of control but at the same time we all realize that it takes a person to pull the trigger. Society in general is deteriorating but I don’t see any government or law fixing the problem. Frankly it’s disappointing that these type of issues take center stage when the country has so many more pressing issues to address like the economy, illegal immigration, debt, education, etc. I say make changes that are reasonable to the gun laws, actually enforce laws that are already in place and find a way to secure our kids through enhanced security at schools. Just an idea but maybe we can stop funding Egypt’s military and divert those funds into the schools for armed guards? Just a thought.

• Robert Russell
    Keymaster

I couldn’t agree more! They’re focusing efforts all in the wrong areas and they’re doing it only after a crises happens. Sure, they’ve been talking about gun laws for a while, but it only gets in the spotlight when a school shooting happens.

As far as foreign military, that’s a huge thing for me. Our country seems to be spending so much money to spread democracy and helping other countries when our country is still in trouble. The wars we’ve been involved in shouldn’t have gone on for as long as they did and that money should have been spent in our economy.

• Riley
    Participant

Agreed, they do this because in the end they don’t want to fix the real problems. Nobody has the capacity to make the hard decisions because they are afraid of voter retribution or their donors will drop them. I’m a republican but I can say definitively that most of the members of both parties representing us are selfish, arrogant and corrupt. They all have their damn agendas and are so afraid to just do the right thing. Heaven forbid they make a decision that is in the best interest of the country and not just their particular constituency. Btw, here is a good article I notice on yahoo. He seems like a pretty smart guy.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/rand-paul-true-conservative-foreign-policy-restrained-175026315–election.html

I just don’t understand what we are doing over there now. Enough nation building oversees.

• AZTECHKA
    Participant

I agree, there should be stricter gun control laws, however we have to make sure these laws do not cross into our constitutional rights. Secondly, schools MUST have armed and trained staff. In the 80s I went to school in a rough part of Los Angeles called Lynwood, my Jr. High School Hosler Jr High school had 4 armed security staff. Granted, they were probably armed trying to protect themselves from the students, but that’s not the point I’m tryng to make. If there had been armed security at either one of these recent school shootings more children would have had a chance. It’s not easy to defend yourself against a gunman unless you have a gun of your own. Budgets smudgets… Schools can afford security and I bet that if the schools posed it correctly most parents would help fund a program that included armed security. I would.

• orangekid
    Participant

Yeah guns basically have nothing to do with it, as weird as that sounds.

If they stopped forcing kids on ritalin and xanax and all these other drugs that cause these activities, there wouldn’t be any problems.

It’s pretty stupid and politically motivated, but if someone breaks into MY house, they’re going to meet their maker real fast.

• AZTECHKA
    Participant

In my opinion gun control means holding your gun with two hands.
    p.

• rootlinux

@aztechka 1099727 wrote:

In my opinion gun control means holding your gun with two hands.
    p.

And hitting what you aim at. 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.