• Author
    Keymaster
    #1370 |

The latest rumors that I’ve seen today on Twitter are that these phones will be available in October.

I want to try one out just to see what its like, but I’m not sure I would buy one just yet.

• Shane Owen
    Participant

I love Ubuntu however not sure how an ubuntu phone would be? Would it support Android Market? Have its own market? Lots of questions, I would like to see one and play with it but not sure at this point how great it would be.

• AZTECHKA
    Participant

Meh…
    I left WinMo and WP 7 due to the lack of apps.
    If there is no market/appstore there is no point for me.
    p.

• Shane Owen
    Participant

Yeah I agree and not sure or I doubt Google will let Ubuntu use the Android Market or if it would even work?

Edit: Well since Android is an Open Source then it could be possible Ubuntu will use it as its market. Ubuntu I believe is based off of Red Hat and Debian source codes.

• Robert Russell
    Keymaster

Ubuntu is Debian-based.

I’m not sure about using the Google Play Store, but if they allow APK installations, then you should be able to sideload apps hopefully.

BB10 even has an Android runtime where you can sideload apps, just not the official Play Store.

• Riley
    Participant

I bet its a one or two and done. Just too much out there now and people like things that are familiar imo. Looks interesting though.

• Robert Russell
    Keymaster

Like the Kin One and Kin Two?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.