• Author
    Keymaster
    #1324 |

With the launch announcement coming tomorrow, how successful do you guys think it’ll be?

• Riley
    Participant

@mindfrost82 1097626 wrote:

With the launch announcement coming tomorrow, how successful do you guys think it’ll be?

Not sure. I think they really took a long time to come back into the fray. They do have some dedicated legacy customers that may give it some market share but I think they have lost way too much to make an impact this year. Time will tell but I bet they stay in the basement of the big 4 for 2013. If they get rave reviews they should surpass Windows phone next year.

• Robert Russell
    Keymaster

I just don’t know how many businesses will continue to support BES for email with every other smartphone working good with plain Exchange.

I’m a Microsoft guy still, so I’ll be rooting for Windows Phone to hold onto #3.

• Riley
    Participant

@mindfrost82 1097656 wrote:

I just don’t know how many businesses will continue to support BES for email with every other smartphone working good with plain Exchange.

I’m a Microsoft guy still, so I’ll be rooting for Windows Phone to hold onto #3.

Didn’t think about that. You’re probably right about the Exchange issue. I also would like to see Windows phone take off but I don’t like how they are not updating some of the older devices which seems to always be the big complaint on most Android forums.

• orangekid
    Participant

It’s going to be worse than WP8, honestly BB10 looks horrible besides the lockscreen swipe, and they now have to compete with Ubuntu Mobile (which I am flashing on my gnex as soon as it comes out in Feb)

• AZTECHKA
    Participant

Blackberry has a great chance to make it to number 3…
    Especially if they join forces with Lenovo.
    This is going to be interesting. What little I’ve heard about the OS seems very positive.

• Mr. X
    Participant

apple will sue them over the lock screen swipe lol.

I think BB10 is going to have a hard time picking up and new market share. And the current market share will dwindle on a steady slope given the stigma they have given them selves by truly bing a failure at this point.

• Robert Russell
    Keymaster

I think they waited too long to gain more market share. We’ve heard about BB10 for a long time and its still not here. The Playbook is a flop. IPhone has the iPad, android has tablets and now Win8 will be on tablets.

Its taking Microsoft a long time to gain more market share after Windows Mobile. BB will have the same difficulties I think.

• Coz Boogie
    Participant

Looks like Palm will soon have some company in the “mobile graveyard”. I’m surprised RIM was able to hold on for this long. I wonder in what state they’re finances are?

late,
    Coz

• Robert Russell
    Keymaster

The guy at BGR mentioned that the only push email it would support would be Exchange Servers….sounds like they’re doing away with BES too. But what does this mean for GMail users, IMAP users, etc? They have to set it up to poll?

Also, with Google’s hate for Microsoft and saying that they wouldn’t dedicate time to develop apps for WP, I wonder how long before they develop apps for Blackberry if its slow to take off too.

And today Google announced it would extend its ActiveSync support until July…so maybe this is their way of getting push email on BB’s too.

• Mr. X
    Participant

x7oce.jpg

😮

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.