Complete WordPress GDPR Compliant Guide

The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a new regulation by the EU which will become effective May 25th, 2018. The goal of the GDPR is to give citizens of the EU control over their personal data, and change the approach of organizations across the world towards data privacy. Basically, users must confirm that their [...]

How To Upgrade NGINX To Latest Stable Version On Ubuntu

If you followed my previous guides for LEMP Install NGINX PHP7 MySQL on Ubuntu 16.04 Server then you probably installed NGINX from the Ubuntu repo. Unfortunately, the version in the Ubuntu repo doesn't get updated very often, so depending on how long ago you installed NGINX, you might be pretty far behind in versions. Newer [...]

By | 2018-04-17T15:05:06+00:00 April 17th, 2018|Categories: Linux, Server Hardening, System Administration|Tags: , , , , |0 Comments

How To Block (Defer) Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Spring Creators Update) 1803 Build 17133 Redstone 4

Last week Microsoft released the Release Preview of the Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803 Build 17133 (Redstone 4) to the Insider Preview program. This is the final step before releasing the Windows 10 Spring Creators Update to the public through Windows Update. I have installed the Release Preview update on my main laptops and [...]

How To Hide The Teamviewer Dock Icon in MacOS

Until Teamviewer devices to build an option into the app that hides the dock icon, the only way to remove it is through some hacks. Since it is in the top menu bar already, I would prefer to have it not take up space in the dock. Unfortunately, doing these hacks will permanently remove the [...]

By | 2018-03-27T15:39:10+00:00 March 28th, 2018|Categories: Mac|Tags: , , , |0 Comments

Fix Internal Microphone Not Working After Windows 10 Spring Creators Update

If your internal microphone has stopped working after you install the Windows 10 Spring Creators Update, check your drivers for updates and that the audio driver isn't disabled. You can do this by right-clicking on the start menu and going to Device Manager. Once you're done there, then check the following privacy settings that are [...]

By | 2018-03-27T13:17:12+00:00 March 27th, 2018|Categories: Windows|Tags: , , , , |1 Comment

Fix There are no more BitLocker recovery options on your PC

BitLocker is a built-in encryption for Windows that will allow you to encrypt the data on your hard drive, making it difficult for someone to extract data from it if your computer was ever lost or stolen. The only way to recover your data is to have your BitLocker recovery key. Unfortunately, sometimes Windows becomes [...]

By | 2018-03-09T15:39:58+00:00 March 9th, 2018|Categories: Windows|Tags: , , , , , |0 Comments

How To Restore Mac from a Mac Server File Server Time Machine Backup

If you have a netboot setup, then the backup share should automatically appear when you're in the recovery tools. If you're trying to restore from a regular file share, then you'll probably have to do these few extra steps... Prerequisites: Admin account & password AFP/SMB-share & server IP-address During the steps below, if you cannot [...]

By | 2018-02-08T12:26:41+00:00 February 8th, 2018|Categories: Mac|Tags: , , , , , |0 Comments

macOS – Organize and Sort Launchpad

As I start to use a Mac more and more, there are little tips and questions that I come across. Recently, I noticed my Launchpad wasn't very organized. I had some pages with only a few icons and there was no order to any of the icons. I know I can manually move them around, [...]

By | 2018-01-09T12:42:47+00:00 January 9th, 2018|Categories: Mac, Tech Tips|Tags: , , , , |3 Comments

Microsoft Intune iOS Enrollment Safari Undefined Error

While enrolling some iPhones into the Microsoft Intune MDM (Mobile Device Management) platform, I recently ran into an issue after the user signs into the Intune Company Portal and the app tries to open Safari to begin the enrollment process and they're presented with this "Undefined" error as seen to the right. The phone was [...]

By | 2017-12-29T12:38:30+00:00 December 29th, 2017|Categories: Mobile|Tags: , , , , , , , |0 Comments

Review: QacQoc GN30H USB-C Hub

Today I'll be looking at the QacQoc GN30H USB-C Hub which offers pass-through USB-C charging, 3 USB 3.0 ports, 4K HDMI, Ethernet, and SDHC/microSDHC ports in a portable package. I'll be using this adapter with a 2017 Touchbar Macbook, but it is also compatible with the HuaWei MateBook, and Google Chromebook. The QacQoc GN30H USB-C [...]

By | 2017-12-29T12:25:27+00:00 December 29th, 2017|Categories: Reviews|Tags: , , , |1 Comment